Origin Now Straightening Cream has an exclusive formula, specially developed to transform your hair the way you've always wanted: straight, loose, soft and gently scented hair.
Attention: It is essential to read all the information below before starting the smoothing/relaxing process. Strictly follow usage information for best results.
1 - Touch test
The tests carried out by Nazca do not indicate any type of adverse reaction to the product. However, please read these guidelines carefully and always do the touch test.
Apply a small amount of Origin Now Smoothing Cream on your forearm and let it act for 30 minutes. Do the same with the neutralizer in another area and let it act for 10 minutes. Wash the application site with plenty of water and wait for 24 hours. Check the application site and if there is skin irritation, itching, burning in the area or in nearby regions, do not use the product.
2 - Smoothing Test
The straightening test is very important as it indicates whether the hair is ready to be straightened or relaxed.
Attention: On already straightened hair, apply the product only on already grown hair (without straightening). See Retouching the Root. (MODIFIED IN REPLACEMENT OF THE SENTENCE "in the already grown part (see root retouch)")
Avoid contact with eyes. In case of contact, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice.
Separate a small lock in the region of the top of the head and apply the Straightening Cream with the help of a non-metallic handle brush, keeping a distance of 0.5 cm from the root. Let the product act for 5 minutes. Then comb the lock gently, in the same direction as the hairline. Check that the lock is becoming more malleable and elongated every 5 minutes. Let the smoothing cream act for a maximum of 20 minutes. Rinse well and apply the neutralizer, leaving it to act for 10 minutes. Rinse again. If your hair has become brittle, DO NOT START the process as it is not in good condition to straighten it and needs intensive care for its recovery.
3 - Preparation for the Smoothing Process
3.1. Do not wash your hair for at least two days.
3.2. Comb your hair that is still dry, leaving it completely untangled.
3.3. Moisten the hair and divide it into four parts (Figure A). If necessary, secure with plastic fasteners to facilitate application.
3.4. Put on gloves. Wear suitable gloves (already contained in this kit).
3.5. Place sachet number 1 - Origin Now Straightening Cream in a plastic, ceramic or glass container.
4 - Application of Origin Now Smoothing Cream
4.1. For a better result on long hair, before starting the straightening process, protect the ends of the hair with your preferred Origin Moisturizing Cream.
4.2. Start applying Origin Now Straightening Cream 0.5 cm away from the scalp (figure B).
4.3. With the help of a non-metallic handle brush, separate a thin lock of hair from the nape region and, holding it with your hands, quickly apply the product. It is important to always observe the direction of birth of the threads, applying the product along the length and preventing them from bending in the opposite direction and breaking.
4.4. Apply the product to the ends only when straightening with the comb. Repeat the procedure lock by lock.
4.5. Let Origin Now Straightening Cream act for 5 minutes, do not comb your hair. During this period the hair must remain at rest.
Attention: Start the application 0.5 cm away from the scalp. Start the application from the nape of the neck and quickly apply the product to all locks.
5 - Smoothing
5.1. After the hairs have been softened, with a fine, non-metallic comb, stretch each lock starting at the nape of the neck. Comb gently, in the same direction as the strands, avoiding bending in the opposite direction and transferring the cream removed by the comb to the hair (figure C).
5.2. THIS PHASE SHOULD NOT TAKE MORE THAN 5 MINUTES.
5.3. After smoothing, let the Smoothing Cream act for MAXIMUM 15 MINUTES. Do not comb, the hair must remain at rest.
5.4. In the case of sensitized hair, the time of 5 to 10 minutes is enough.
Attention: Do not cover your head with plastic, towels, aluminum cap or other materials that can cause heat. Heat intensifies the action of the chemistry and can bring unwanted results.
6 - Smoothing Control
To make sure the hair is straight, press the back of the comb over the entire head, checking that the mark left by the comb remains (figure D). If the mark does not remain, let the product act for another 5 minutes and repeat the test. (MODIFIED IN REPLACEMENT OF THE SENTENCE “does not disappear by comb, otherwise let the product act for another 5 minutes and repeat the test until the mark remains on the wires (figure D).”)
Attention: DO NOT EXCEED THE TOTAL TIME OF 30 MINUTES.
7 - Rinse
7.1. Rinse your hair with plenty of warm water, preferably with a strong jet (figure E).
7.2. Remove the Straightening Cream with your hands, completely eliminating the residues, without rubbing.
7.3. Rinse the back of the neck and temples very well, which we intuitively protect from getting into the eyes.
7.4. Remove excess water with a towel without rubbing or stretching the strands.
Attention: The rinse is very important. Make sure that after washing, the hair is rough, as this means the total removal of the Straightening Cream. If they are not rough, repeat the rinsing process. If the Straightening Cream is not completely removed, localized breakage of the strands may occur.
8 - Neutralization
8.1. Apply Origin Now Neutralizing Lotion (sachet number 2), directly on the hair. Spread evenly along the entire length of the strands. Use the entire contents of the sachet.
8.2. LET IT ACT FOR 10 MINUTES. Neutralization is the guarantee of smoothing.
8.3. Rinse well.
8.4. Apply the Origin Moisturizing Cream of your choice, let it act for 10 minutes and rinse.
Attention: When using Neutralizing Lotion, note if there is any heat in the hair. Heating is an indication that there are still residues of Smoothing Cream and we must immediately repeat the rinse and Neutralization.
NEUTRALIZATION IS AN INDISPENSABLE PHASE, AS THE CHEMICAL ACTION OF THE STRAIGHTENER WILL CEASE PROMOTING A SAFE AND PERFECT FINISH.
9 - Completion
9.1. Dry your hair lightly with a towel without tangling it.
9.2. Apply the Origin Moisturizing Cream of your choice, let it act for 10 minutes and rinse.
9.3. Do not wash your hair for at least 4 days.
10 - Maintenance
After 4 days of carrying out the process, we recommend intensive care with the Origin Line products (see Intensive Care recipe). Always continue using the Origin Line; it will leave your hair soft, silky and shiny.
ROOT RETOUCHING - Smoothing/Relaxing
The minimum period for retouching is 90 days. Retouch only the growing part of the hair without straightening, without letting the product come into contact with the scalp. Keep a distance of 0.5 cm from the root (figure B). Protect the already smoothed part with the Origin Moisturizing Cream of your choice.
Strictly follow all instructions for use.
Relaxation is indicated for people who have thin or fragile hair. To relax, choose the Straightening Cream or Origin Now Honey and Almonds Relaxation. Follow the normal straightening steps indicated on the inside of the cartridge.
Note: If you prefer an even gentler relaxation, mix 02 plastic scoops (soup) of Origin Now Smoothing Cream with 03 scoops of Origin Moisturizing Cream of your choice.
After 4 days of straightening, you can make a hydration to strengthen the hair, according to the recipe below:
• 03 scoops (soup) of Origin Moisturizing Cream for your hair type.
• 01 scoop (soup) of the Capillary Mineral Oil Origin of your choice.
Mix the products well. Then apply to damp hair, along the entire length of the strands, lock by lock, massaging gently.
Leave to act for 20 minutes with the help of a laminated cap. Then rinse well and let it dry naturally.
• Professional use;
• This preparation must only be used for its intended purpose, being DANGEROUS for any other use;
• Should not be applied if there are wounds, abrasions or irritations on the scalp;
• This product must not be used on mucous membranes or nearby regions;
• Wear suitable gloves during application;
• Avoid contact of the product with eyes. In case of contact, immediately rinse with plenty of water and seek medical attention;
• Strictly follow the instructions for use. Before using, always do the touch test and the smoothing test;
• Origin Now Straightening Cream is compatible with straighteners containing ammonium thioglycolate.
• Origin Now Straightening Cream should not be applied to hair straightened with products containing sodium hydroxide (soda), guanidine and lithium. The use of Straightening Cream is only possible when your hair grows and renews itself, returning to its natural state without residues of the chemicals mentioned above;
• Do not apply the Origin Now Straightening Cream on hair previously straightened with a flat iron or similar process;
• Hair that has undergone progressive dyeing processes, has been bleached with hydrogen peroxide (30 or 40 volumes) or has been treated with henê, henna and products that contain perborates or other substances that release hydrogen peroxide or contain metallic salts cannot be subjected to to use Origin Now Straightening Cream. The use of Straightening Cream is only possible when your hair grows and renews itself, returning to its natural state without residues of the chemicals mentioned above;
• Hair that has been dyed must wait a month to use the Straightening Cream;
• Do not cover your head with plastic, towels, aluminum cap or other materials that can cause heat. Heat intensifies the action of chemistry;
• Do not use barrettes or fasten hair that has already been straightened during the straightening process and up to 4 days after the process;
• Cauterization or similar processes only 15 days after the smoothing process;
• Use of heat (dryer, brush or flat iron) only after one week of the process.
• Remove rings and earrings before smoothing;
• Do not let Origin Now Smoothing Cream stay on your head longer than indicated in these explanations;
• It is important to rinse your hair very well, especially the nape and temples, which we intuitively protect so as not to reach the eyes;
• We recommend that the Straightening process is always done by a professional hairdresser, only he can ensure the expected result;
• Do not reuse the packaging;
• The Straightening Cream contains monoethanolamine thioglycolate (thioglycolBrazilian Keratin Treatmentic acid salt) and the Neutralizing Lotion contains Hydrogen Peroxide;
• We do not recommend the use in pregnant women and children;
• In case of accidental ingestion, seek medical attention immediately;
• Keep out of the reach of children.
01 Smoothing Cream Sachet 80g
01 Neutralizing Lotion Sachet 70ml
01 Sachet of Toning Powder 5g
01 pair of gloves